Thursday 8 January 2015

Day 96 - throwing stuff

Yesterday I threw this at Wolfie, my 95 day sober treat.  Comfort foods also knock him out for a while. White toast, real butter. Still less calories than a bottle of Chardonnay. Sober self love comes in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes in a tin. If you're struggling like me right now, find some comfort food and lob it at Wolfie. 
Today rather than rushing home after a long report writing session, I'm drowning him in a milkshake, banana. My weight hasn't moved much since I stopped drinking. To be honest, doing this stuff is hard enough without trying to deprive myself in other ways. Slowly that will sort itself out, but it's not now. Today is about being sober, self care and comfort food as my drinking head sulks. I will get to 100. 

(I've heard if you write stuff sometimes it makes you think harder about it happening) best start my lines eh?

I WILL GET TO 100 DAYS.
I WILL GET TO 100 DAYS......


6 comments:

  1. Yes, you will get to 100, and well beyond! You're probably right not to worry too much about weight right now. I find a great number or problems can be reframed if not resolved via liberal application of real butter. I'm just chiming in to cheer you on here, with butter and exclamations points galore! You're doing great!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real butter solves most things. Thank you very much for posting and hugest congratulations to you too! xxx

      Delete
  2. We call those "beanie weenies" down here in the southeast US ;-) . it seems a waste to lob a can of those beauties at the wolf, but whatever works, right? I agree now is not the time to be thinking about your weight, that will come later, you're already making a huge improvement to your health by getting sober! Take care of the inside, the outside will take care of itself! Lori K xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori - what a fab name. I would only ever throw the tin at him then get it back, too good to waste and such a silly childhood treat. I can still do my trousers up, for now, that will have to do, I'll not think about the bulges.

      Delete