Thursday 22 October 2015

Curlers.

So we made it through the night, only waking at around 5am, no dreams. 

Interesting. Did I need to blurt to the world my hate of routines and scary reoccurring dreams of being bladdered?

I went to bed in curlers, yes curlers. I have crazy long hair and whilst working through a craving last night I thought - curlers you can't buy wine with curlers in. So there we are. I had my pjs on by 9pm and curlers in by 9.30 - and knowing me as you do, I am mainly a tom-boy so it was very amusing for my husband. Mrs D recently wrote a blog about surfing the urge, so I surfed mine in curlers. Keeping busy and not giving into an urge. Its something we learn at SMART at my meeting so it was nice to hear her perspective on it.  Nice one Mrs D! Link to that post here.

So I breezed into work today looking like some kind of mad crazy woman, curls and all but well rested. More crystal tips then Julia Roberts but you get the idea.
Crystal Tips - I've always wanted purple hair.
I took heart this morning and cut myself some slack. The morning routine was helpful. If I'm honest. Having been raised solely by wolves with a serious lack of parenting when little, living in abject sqallour with my parent in bed drinking coffee, smoking and reading romantic fiction, I'm not sure how routines develop. However having made up most of my parenting (non smoking, non bed-sitting, coffee drinking but actually paying attention to my kids) I figure my routines are all out of sink as I've no one to do them for anymore.

A bit like having no reason to be sober as they've left home [insert miserable empty nest]. However, I now realise being sober for me is the only way forward.

So I'll set the alarm for tomorrow and hope for a better nights sleep again. As for the routine, I can almost find myself talking out of doing it in any order as long as it gets done but there is a logic to it.

Of course I had to look online to see what I'd promised as I'd actually not written it down and being a scatterbrain I didn't expect to remember it all anyway. So instantly I logged into your nice comments. Thank you. I'll try again tomorrow.

Probably no curlers tonight, just in case you were wondering. Best not peak too early. 

Sober girl over and out.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Daisy. Can't believe I've missed two posts in a row. Your sobriety inspires me. It really does. Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Crystal Tips and Alastair as a child :) I bet your locks look wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Routines, yes, they help me. This week I am on leave from work and it hasn't been good. I'm out of sorts and disorganised. I need my routine! Someone smart has told me repeatedly "self care is NOT optional in recovery" and I try to remember that. Routines, decent food, exercise, relaxation, treating ourselves with kindness, those things can be quite hard to do when we're out of practice, but oh they do work! Hugs and I hope you sleep peacefully, Do xxx

    ReplyDelete